Monday, March 19, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

I just wanted to note briefly that, with our victory over USF last night, Ohio University have now made the Sweet Sixteen in March Madness for the first time since the 60s. It was a pretty good game, too, since we trailed by about 4-6 points for the bulk, only pulling ahead in the last 5 minutes or so. Unfortunately we've got #1 seed North Carolina next, so the odds are against us. I'm still excited to see my school do this well, though, and there's always the outside shot that we could actually win again. North Carolina lost a star to a fractured wrist, so that improves our chances, though I do feel really bad for him having his tournament cut short by injury when his team is one of the favorites to win.

In any case, we don't play again until Friday, so I guess I'll just see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment