Friday, March 30, 2012

Fisherman's Death

While cruising around looking for new interesting music, I have often encountered releases that catch my attention but which are a not brand new. Since I'm trying to keep up with current releases for my reviews, I typically don't talk about these records. I encountered one today, though, which I would like to mention anyway.

Fisherman's Death are a Swedish group who just formed in 2009, and they grabbed my attention because of their very unusual image. Their logo and EP cover reminded me of the fog-encased coast in Northrend filled with the phantoms of hulking Vrykul sailors (in World of Warcraft). They have released just one demo and an EP of folk-infused death metal. The emphasis on the sea, and on sailing and fishing aspects of Scandinavian culture rather than the more conventional Viking raid fare give them, in my opinion, a somewhat distinct feel. Additionally, they have posted up links on their YouTube videos to download their EP for free, so there's really no good reason not to give it a listen.

Among the Shore

2 comments:

  1. hi! thanks for bringing us to the light!
    here is our full lenght's album:

    http://soundcloud.com/fishermans-death/sets/fishermans-death-the-code/

    /Fisherman's Death

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure. I'll give the album a listen and try to get a review of it up in a new post some time this week.

    ReplyDelete