Sunday, May 1, 2011

Monkeytail

I have recently been made aware of a new beard trend called the "monkeytail". I could explain, but allow me to just illustrate it instead:




















The hair dye is a non-essential part of the look, but you get the idea. This trend even has its own website here. I'm not the biggest fan in the world of weird beards, but at the same time if somebody wants to go for something unique it's certainly not my place to tell them they shouldn't. In any case, I'm still not sure if I like this look, but it's certainly interesting and I can see the odd sort of appeal it would have.

2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty stupid. (It's worse with the dye.) In most of those pics, it just looks like they screwed up while trimming. And I'm a little annoyed by the fact they have my blog's color scheme and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I hadn't noticed they took your color scheme.

    But yeah, for the most part I think I agree with you. The above picture at least makes it look deliberate and has good even growth, but I think that's about as solid as it gets (apart from the dye). It seems like one of those things you do for an afternoon when you've decided to shave off your beard an want to have a little fun with it rather than a stable facial hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete