Monday, May 9, 2011

Manos: The Hands of Fate

I was in a Best Buy the other day, and I picked up one of those boxes that has 50 cheap crappy horror/sci-fi movies for like $12. On looking at the back, I saw that Manos: The Hands of Fate was in that collection. Well I have something of an ongoing love affair with horrible movies, so as soon as I saw that such a legendary bad film was in there, I had to buy it. Upon watching it I will agree to its status as one of the worst films ever made. It wasn't as fun as Troll 2, but nonetheless I was not disappointed.

6 comments:

  1. I guess I've never really gotten into bad movies, at least not without clever commentary. MST3K used to be one of my favorite shows, and I understand they do something called "riff tracks", or something like that, which is just audio to play with the movie. I haven't checked those out just yet.

    I usually don't get into campy stuff either, although I do like a couple of campy movies (both starring my favorite actor, Kurt Russell), i.e., Big Trouble in Little China and Tango & Cash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could sit through the non-MST3K version of that movie. That thing is just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Well I can appreciate that it's not most people's cup of tea. Personally, though, I'd much rather make my own snide comments than listen to the ones on MST3K (which I honestly wanted to like but instead have found usually annoys me).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'd have to do it with just the right group of people. I don't know that group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understandable. And you're right, the people you watch it with can make or break the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first time I even heard about that film was through MST3K. Having seen it via that method, I don't think I have the guts to sit through it without a writing staff handing me funny comments. Still, I think that if I were to watch it post-MST3K (which there's no way to change), a lot of my comments would probably mirror those of MST3K.

    ReplyDelete