Thursday, March 29, 2012

The New Blogger Interface

I went ahead and updated to the new interface just to try getting used to it. I try not to be one of those "Oh Facebook/YouTube/other you've ruined your website with these changes!" people, because I find that behavioral pattern somewhat annoying. That said, I'd like to go on record now as saying that I absolutely hate the new interface. All it's done is take the same things we had and scramble them around to make them harder to find. Additionally, while actually writing a new post, it has this irritating menu on the side that covers up the end of your lines so you can't see them, and that pops out covering even more of the screen every time you accidentally pass your mouse over it. I find this to be thoroughly obnoxious. I know that complaining isn't going to get it changed back, but I don't like the new format at all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm still on the really old interface, because I tried the semi-new one a while ago and hated it. This sounds even worse. I've been holding off in the hopes that they'll get the bugs worked out before they force me onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're forcing a full switch over at the start of April. I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

    ReplyDelete