Thursday, September 8, 2011

Apollo 18

Just went and watched it tonight. The buzz around the movie has been pretty negative. I, however, rather enjoyed it. It had some good, tense stretches and just enough really startling moments that (while not horrifying) it made for a pretty enjoyable scary movie.

Of course, I'm a bit of a sucker for "found footage" horror films, which most people seem to rather dislike. I suppose that largely accounts for the difference between my feelings about the movie and those of other people I've heard comment on it. Oh well, to each his/her own.

1 comment:

  1. I can't lay down a rule about "found footage" horror myself. I thought the Blair Witch was the scariest movie I'd ever seen, but I hated Cloverfield. Apollo 18's premise seemed kind of dumb, though. I mean, it's not like people didn't know when these missions were launching. So in that sense, the found footage and "this really happened" angle doesn't work for that story.

    ReplyDelete