Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Soen

So, I just became aware today of a relatively new project called "Soen" that features the wizard of the skins Martin Lopez (of Opeth fame) and Sadus bassist Steve DiGiorgio (who has also played with virtually every other metal band on the planet, including some of the greatest death metal albums ever recorded, like Autopsy's "Severed Survival" and Death's "Human").

I noticed that this new group is not listed on Metal Archives, which intrigued me. I've only heard this song so far, and while it is admittedly not terribly extreme, it certainly seems to fall under "metal" in terms of broader genre distinctions. In any case, I am quite eager to hear this when the full album is released next month. I had not expected to hear from Martin Lopez again after his departure from Opeth, since as I understand it his health has been a major issue. That makes this a pretty exciting development in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment